“Slowing everything down, I feel it’s helping me to be a more effective teacher”
Everyday Mindfulness for Schools is a research-based professional development course (insert hyperlink) that supports educators in developing practical skills and knowledge to promote a prosocial classroom. The course begins with a focus on developing a personal awareness of mindfulness and sustaining a daily practice, then moves to minilessons, games, and brain-breaks that embed directly into the content areas.
Participants in the course will come away with:
- Insights into their own habitual ways of thinking, acting, and reacting
- Knowledge of the scientific relationship between stress, learning, and teaching
- Strategies to develop a personal mindfulness practice to prevent burnout and promote wellbeing
- Tools for use during whole-class, small group, and one-on-one learning experiences to help ready students’ brains for learning -games and brain breaks to weave into the classroom that promote calm and focus and decrease disruptive behaviors
- Access to ongoing support via a social media group -email and phone access to instructor for continued mentorship
Due to the nature of the course - which includes group-based discussions, shared processing of experiences, and co-planning of lessons, a minimum of 10 participants are required to enroll. Participants receive a certificate of completion after the final class.
Note: This course is offered online, on-site at schools, and as a hybrid blended learning course.